I was helping out a friend connect to the OLAP cubes using ChartFX 7 when we ran into the exception :-
To get rid of the error, I added the ChartFX assemblies to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC).
It worked like charm.
I spent sometime trying to figure out why the installation script was telling me that pre-requisties where not installed.
Not until I decided to debug the script and noticed that bin/get_plat_tag.sh that is supposed to correctly identify my system was returning UNKNOWN instead of Debian5
if [ -f /etc/debian_version ]; then
if [ ! -f /etc/lsb-release ]; then
I live in Uganda and the ISP we use switched satellites leading us to be redirected to the google.it.ao page which is in portguese.
Everytime you type in google.com you get redirected to the portugues language version. Am sure there people there too frustrated by this behaviour.
We couldn’t take it after a few days. We tried installing firefox addons where you select the default google search site used.
This seemed to be a solution, but after a few tries, it so happened that we where just used to typing in the address url google.com.
We needed a solution to save us from frustration. I turned to squid for a solution. Squid is the proxy/caching solution we use in the company. Read more…