Home > Linux, Networking > Update on crazy caching for orange 3G modem

Update on crazy caching for orange 3G modem

It has been more than a month when I blogged about stealthily caching using squid.

I have requested my usage data two times from the ISP and I have decided to share it.

My usage statistics start from 3rd March.

The first usage data was on 6th April



After seeing my usage stats on 6th April I decided to loosen up so I unblocked video domains from squidGuard. The second usage data was on 13th April


Today the 14th April I took a screen shot of how my vnstat statistics look like. I started running vnstat from 31st March. So the data volume it displays is for 31st March to 14th April showing data of 2.10 GB and squid cache of about 900MB. Ignore the wrong months in the screenshot which are due to a wrong system date.

The stats show that I have managed to save about 800MB of data because of the cache

Advertisements
Categories: Linux, Networking
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: